Subject: Re: 476 Megabyte Bowling Pin?(RESOLVED!)
From: [email-masked] (Mark J. Peterson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 18:48:36 -0700

>Ah! Just realized the problem! Delete your HIPP/Loader/IFF* files. I made the
>Pin object years ago, before the stencil operator existed. To get the best
>looking labels, I created some _huge_ 2 & 4 color bitmaps for the pin sides.
>The HIIP loader is expanding those into 1&2bit images into 24 bit images!
>
>Good Luck,
>Erik Flom - ELF Works 3D Construction Co.
>
Thanks Erik, Paul, and Scott-

This fixed the problem. I've read about this bug here on the List, but it
hadn't bitten me until now. I thought of it more as an annoyance, not
something this severe. The file is named "Iff.exe" (Those somehow just don't
sound right together, do they?). I renamed it "IffOnlyItWorked.exe" and now
Lightwave and I are happy.

Any word when the Rev. C CD roms will be released? ;) (Before I start a
thread inadvertantly, everyone, in unison, "About 4-6 weeks", and then
"About 2 weeks".

Mark

p.s. Newtek has taken a beating around here lately; please don't take my
smart aleck comments to be Newtek bashing. The frustration-to-joy ratio is
sometimes overwhelming, but I'm behind them 100%.

--
[email-masked] (Mark J. Peterson) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]